Thursday, November 14, 2013

Topics? Groups?

In the reply box, write who is in your group and your top 3 topics.  

Example:  My group is Lauren, Osaro, and Anni and we are interested in:
1) The KKK
2) The Birth of a Nation
3) Sharecropping

Civil War and Reconstruction Topics

Black soldiers in the Civil War – the real “Glory” story?
Rebuilding the South – Richmond, images after the Civil War
Sharecropping
Romanticizing the South – the Gone with the Wind approach
Blackface minstrelsy
Lynching
Freedman’s Bureau schools
The Great Migration
Plessy vs. Ferguson
Chain Gangs – pre-prison labor?
Controversies about education – Booker T. Washington v. W.E.B DuBois
Beginnings of Pan-Africanism – Marcus Garvey
The KKK – the world’s earliest terror organization?
Mary Surratt execution
The Birth of a Nation – propaganda and film
Go West, Young Man – Homesteaders



5 comments:

  1. I am doing it myself, and I am interested in:
    1. Black soldiers in the Civil War – the real “Glory” story?
    2. Rebuilding the South – Richmond, images after the Civil War
    3. Romanticizing the South – the Gone with the Wind approach

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Group is Osaro and Anni and we are interested in:
    1) KKK
    2)Mary Surratt
    3) Plessy Vs.Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
  3. My group is Dan and I.
    1.) The Birth of a Nation – propaganda and film
    2.)Romanticizing the South – the Gone with the Wind approach
    3.) Controversies about education – Booker T. Washington v. W.E.B DuBois

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Group is Lauren and Anni and we are interested in:
    1) KKK
    2)Mary Surratt
    3) Plessy Vs.Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
  5. My group is Cj and I and we are interested in:
    1) Blackface minstrelsy
    2)Rebuilding the South – Richmond, images after the Civil War
    3) Controversies about education – Booker T. Washington v. W.E.B DuBois

    ReplyDelete